Translate This Page:

Friday, January 21, 2011

How To Meditate



I practice meditation.  I do it anywhere. When I'm waiting for the bus, waiting for the train, sitting in the train.  Lying in bed before I sleep.

One method is simply closing your eyes and focusing your awareness on the tip of your nose.  Now breathe.  Just breathe.  Notice the thoughts running through your head?   That's normal.  That's our inner dialog. Let the thoughts come and let the thoughts go.  Ease up on control.  Keep breathing.  Feel your body relaxing.

Another method is simply reciting words.  One word, a few words, a series of words or a sentence - it doesn't matter.  Some people use prime words, some use a mantra.  I recite words of virtue in my mind such as, "Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, acceptance, self-control". As I focus intention on these virtues, I feel their calming and uplifting effects on my body.




My wife and I have also been using this intention technique to communicate love and healing energy towards each other with good effect.

Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment